Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Different Kind of Animal Rescue

It's decidedly difficult to be in a creative profession especially if you have to interrupt the flow to be your own bookkeeper or turn out a proposal. Even an overcast day can dim your artistic soul. On these days I try to discover something new and outside my personal world to engage and kick start my mind. One of the best ways to do this, I've found, is to follow links from links from links to see where you end up. Somehow I started with NPR's song of the day, and followed different musicians to different play lists to this odd bit of animation/music video (have your speakers on). It's not really my kind of music but I thought the animation fit the words well.

I thought about doing animation once, half a life ago and even interviewed in the Big Apple for a position in the days before computer graphics, but decided the City was just too crazy for me. I like the simplicity of this kind of animation, which reminds me of my childhood. (Does anyone remember Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent?) Of course I like chickens and animal rescue stories!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin