Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Rose is a Rose

[ Except, of course, when it's the blossom of a Prickly Pear Cactus (Opuntia engelmanii).]

Another moist spring day, not what we usually expect but are grateful for nonetheless. I cannot get Avo's video to load, but I'll keep trying. Perseverance seems to be the secret to posting any video to the blog.

Since the Blow Dry episode, Avo the rooster has begun courting me with the wing and peck dance as he does Phoebe the blind sheep. I suppose in his mind my little act of kindness has given me passage into his harem.

Today I saw a flower blooming in my creek that I don't recognize. It's always nice to be a botanist and be stumped by something new, especially from your own place. Also, a neighbor introduced me to a yet-to-be-identified psychedelic-looking caterpillar that I photographed yesterday. I'll post those photos as soon as I know what they are.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin