Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Deep thoughts about nuts

Now it's not just the orioles and hummingbirds looking for a handout at my home office window. This little fellow peeking from behind my laptop had to hop over two large, obviously snoozing dogs to get my attention.

I've never seen a squirrel at my window before. They are usually content scampering around in the front yard trying to remember where in the lawn or among the potted plants they hid last year's crop of native pecans. I'm sure every one of our towering pecan trees owes its start to the forgetfulness of his ancestors.

I wonder if there is anything I will forget that has the potential to become something more beautiful in its forgotten-ness than in its remembrance?

1 comment:

Dana and Daisy said...

He is a very curious little vermin isn't he?

Cute! I hope he doesn't start clawing away at your window screens.

Could he possibly know birdseed is stored inside? lol!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin