Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Stills: Grafitti

Unfortunately for the past six weeks I've not felt up to blogging. I contracted some resistant sinus infection that led to bronchitis and asthma, but am finally on the mend.

I've also been without a working camera. I find it difficult to blog without photos! Mine decided not to turn on after eating two sets of batteries in 24 hours. So while I contemplate whether to repair or replace it, my friend Sara over at Punkin's Patch is loaning me her old Sony. I'll be picking that up at the PO on Monday! Yay!

So for this week's challenge I had to dig through the archives, back to our New Mexico trip last summer. Unexpectedly, this street art was not in a city, but on a wall around a farm in a rural area, which made it all the more interesting, showcased in nature rather than the competing hubris of a human constructed environment. I would have liked to have known more about it.




For more images of grafitti, visit Sunday Stills!

14 comments:

VioletSky said...

ah well, the last one is familiar!

Ed said...

YAYYYYY! Sage is back! Hope you are feeling better. Great shots and so colorful, well done..:-)

colleen said...

So much of graffiti is just amazing ART!! I love it!

-my husband grows cotton- said...

Great job! Love the shots!

Regular Guy said...

Nice choices, like Yosemite Sam.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! I love Yosemite Sam!

Great shots....when ya coming back to New Mexico?

~Lisa

Far Side of Fifty said...

At least I recognized Yosemite Sam..great photos:)

Anonymous said...

Though I am not a fan of "Street Art", I am glad to see that you are back.

Anonymous said...

Though I am not a fan of "Street Art", I am glad to see that you are back.

Sarah said...

love the colors and I like the Yosimite Sam one! Fun! Hope now that your on the mend, your have a quick and full recovery!

Bremda said...

Interesting! I'm glad you are feeling better now. I had bronchitis last winter and felt horrible for a week, and the cough lasted a long time. Glad to see you back!

Shirley said...

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well,hope you are fully recovered soon. Are you going to get a new camera? Blogging is no fun without sharing photos! Did you ever finish that quilt done from your photos?

flowerweaver said...

Shirley, I'm still working on my quilt. There's a lot of applique handwork involved getting that cactus tree down. Also, out of necessity I've started a baby quilt for our first grandchild.

I'm not sure on the camera. I'll see how well Sara's loaner fits my needs and then decide. We're still in the midst of medical bills from my husband's surgery and my recent illness.

NitWit1 said...

Seems like we've had a siege of bronchitis, sinusits amongst us bloggers. Now we have heat to deal with.

Love the art. I know it is NOT Graffiti but, like you, would like to know more about it.

I am contemplating a new camera for my Nikon D50 as I would like to take a few movie clips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin