Monday, January 18, 2010

Macro Monday: Garden Memento

This weekend I cut the asparagus patch back to the ground, and fondly came across some bits of Phoebe's wool stuck to the seed pod of this Thornapple, Datura metel.






I love this one because you can see the garden gate, which is in my header. We are still having 'fall color' with the blackberry canes on the bottom left.



I need to cut this plant back, too. Perhaps I will bring the dried stems in with the wool and place them with Avo's feathers.

For more up-close and personal photography, visit Macro Monday.

10 comments:

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

Wonderful macro shots .. at least I learnt the name of this seedpod! I adore the shot with your gate in the distance. who/what is Phoebe, I'm assuming one of your dogs?!
have a happy day!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud
a photoblog
South Africa

Ed said...

Very cool, and thanks again for the photoshop of red, it made my day.:-)

Anonymous said...

Great shots Sage. I need to research Thornapples. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love that last shot..well done:)

Brenda said...

I love the look of the wool. I really like the last photo, with the faded background.

Lori Skoog said...

Nature at it's finest...hanging on.

Anonymous said...

these are really nice captures, i like your use of the natural light

gtyyup said...

I definitely would have never figured out what all that was without your help! Interesting what we find as we start looking at the little things! The shots are great~~

Dana and Daisy said...

we are so much like.
when a leaf or pinecone gets caught on our bumper, I always leave it there, as a memento of our trip, ha!

i know, couldn't i just take a picture? well, no.

Callie Brady said...

How great to find the wool gift captured on the seed for you to keep with the feathers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin