Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Some Tuesday Farm Photos

You may be getting tired of all my chicken posts, so for a break today I've taken some pretty pics around the farm.

Here's a native Lantana, Lantana horrida, blossom about to open. The bright orange reminds me--the Hooded Oriole and his gal have shown up at the feeder for the second year in a row. They are so bold to clack clack at me from atop the seed feeder in front of my computer when they are out of sugar water. Service please!

I saw a Painted Bunting and an Easter Bronze-headed Cowbird (they have scary red eyes!) at the this feeder yesterday. Too bad I had to shoot through a screen.



And some interesting insects on a Yucca constricta blooming in the prairie. I love how architectural this bug looks. It was very shy and kept moving around to avoid the camera lens. I wonder how it's shape, especially the leg protrusions, help it perform its daily tasks?

Sunlight through a "Bright Lights" Swiss Chard leaf in the garden, reminds me of the delicious meals of it we will soon be having.

2 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

These are fabulous pictures! Especially the chard. I love your composition.

Dana and Daisy said...

thanks for posting about my overly treated lawn, lol! I know lots of people who oppose chemical fertilizers and such, but you know when you live in the burbs and you pay these outrageous prices for homes and landscaping, you kind of want to keep it from going to weeds.

The cabin is completely natural. We might ask someone to occassionally weed-eat it this summer, that's about it.

BTW I plant lantana on my front slop by the drive. It take the beating from all day sun with no problem and can go most weeks without even watering it. I do try to make the most of plants that way.

well, I am looking forward to the finished chicken coop pics! ta ta! ~ dana

Blog Widget by LinkWithin